What Is Transitional Style Interior Design?
Transitional style has been the golden child of the interior design community for years. If you’re unfamiliar with it, you may be wondering what all the buzz is about! Transitional is a popular interior design style that many home and business owners are turning to. If you want to know what transitional style interior design is and whether you should use it, read on for more information.
What’s Transitional Design?
So, what is transitional style interior design? The term “transition” means to move seamlessly from one thing to the next. Transitional style is the transition from traditional to modern.
To put it simply, transitional style is the blending of traditional and contemporary styles. It involves taking traditional elements and giving them a modern spin so they don’t feel out of date. Typically, transitional spaces feature comfortable and functional furniture, natural materials, neutral color palettes, minimalist decor, and a blend of masculine and feminine tastes.
Who Should Use Transitional Style?
If you see the pros of both traditional and modern and have a hard time choosing one over the other, transitional style is a superb middle ground that provides the best of both worlds. Because transitional style combines old-world and new-world charm, it’s versatile and appeals to people of all generations and personalities. If you live in a multigenerational space, own a business targeting a diverse audience, or just like the style, go transitional!
How To Achieve a Transitional Aesthetic
If you’re wondering how to achieve a transitional aesthetic in your home or business, here are a few tips:
– Let neutral colors dominate the space. Colors like cream, taupe, gray, and black are perfect.
– Add contrast through tone and texture as opposed to pattern and color.
– Use minimalist decor and use it sparingly. Less is more.
– Seek out furniture that uses sleek but classic materials, like the stunning oak tables and comfortable leather recliners offered by Luonto Furniture.
– Furniture should be bold and have an eye-catching silhouette, but clean, classic lines, like Bernhardt’s wingback chairs and tufted headboards.
– Balance is crucial in a transitional space. Mix and match light and dark hues, masculine and feminine shapes, and traditional and modern touches to create a space that’s “just right.”
For transitional furniture and decor that will turn your home or business into a work of art, come and visit one of Safavieh’s showrooms on the east coast. We have a curated collection of high-end pieces from top brands like Bernhardt, Luonto Furniture, and more. Our professional interior designers will listen to your preferences and needs and help you select the perfect pieces to complete your space. Want to see more? Check us out on Instagram!